TREC Approved several proposed rules – Effective Nov. 3, 2019
The Tennessee Real Estate Commission (TREC) approved several proposed rules at its meeting on Dec. 5, 2018. The rules were filed with the Secretary of State on Aug. 5, 2019, and will become effective on Nov. 3, 2019. These rules have been filed as Proposed Rules and will be promulgated without a hearing ninety (90) days from the filing date unless a petition is received by at least ten (10) persons who will be affected by the rule.
The proposed rules eliminate and reduce certain licensing fees. Specifically, the rules:
- reduce the original license fee from $100 to $90
- reduce the renewal license fee from $80 to $75
- eliminate fees for change of firm address, name change, duplicate licenses, commission manual, certified copy fees, printouts of licensee information, and printout of licensee information fees
- lower the initial $10 fee deposited into TREC’s education & recovery account to $1
- revise the language for the handling of bad checks to comport with state law
- reduce all educational course application fees by at least half
A full description of these rules is available HERE.