Skip to main content
Image of tornado damage.

Disaster Relief


If your property was affected by the tornado in Middle Tennessee on March 2-3, you may apply for mortgage/rent assistance from the National Association of REALTORS® via the REALTORS® Relief Foundation (RRF). You do not need to be a REALTOR® to apply. The RRF will provide up to $1,000 to each qualified applicant while funds remain available. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2020, but do not delay. Please complete the PDF form at the link and email it to –

APPLICATION…/Relief-Assistance-Application-2020… email to

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS…/uploads/2020/03/RRF-Requirements.pdf



Assistance is limited to home repair, personal property repair and rental assistance for temporary housing; FEMA is unable to assist with mortgage or rent payments if you stay in your damaged home.

Federal assistance for Wilson, Davidson, and Putnam Counties  – Go to for FEMA individual assistance. Disaster Assistance Hotline: 800-621-3362

What to do if your Business of Farm was damaged

  • Possible FEMA Grants – These grants can cover medical expenses, funeral costs, car repairs, tools or equipment needed for work. To be considered for a FEMA grant, the business owner must have proof of her rejected SBA application. Conditions for approval are weighted toward emergency funds for individuals and families.

Unemployed? If you lost work as a result of the disaster

  • You may qualify for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). You may contact your local unemployment office or Workforce Commission for additional information regarding DUA benefits. You may also contact your mortgage lender or landlord to explain your circumstances and situation to see if special arrangements can be made.

U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
SBA can help Homeowners, Renters, Businesses, NonProfits


  • Special tax law provisions may help taxpayers and businesses recover financially from the impact of a disaster, especially when the federal government declares their location to be a major disaster area. Depending on the circumstances, the IRS may grant additional time to file returns and pay taxes. Both individuals and businesses in a federally declared disaster area can get a faster refund by claiming losses related to the disaster on the tax return for the previous year, usually by filing an amended return.
    – Claim a Casualty Loss – losses not covered by insurance or other reimbursements
    – If your loss occurred in a federally declared disaster area, you can either claim it on this year’s tax return or last year’s tax return.
    -Free tax help at many of the IRS offices and at temporary FEMA disaster recovery centers


EMTAR is taking monetary donations for those in our community that have been affected by the Storms.



Send checks payable to:
2588 N. Mt. Juliet Road
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
with Memo line: “disaster relief”