GRI (Graduate, REALTOR® Institute) Designation
The GRI designation takes REALTORS® from professionals to consummate professionals. It can also help you make more money. How? By showing you the industry’s nuances—and helping you understand customers, business and technology.
At least 60 total hours of GRI-Accredited courses are required for the GRI designation in Tennessee (including the six required one-day courses). The time to obtain the GRI designation shall be no more than five years to ensure that students are enrolled in a program that is relevant and respectful to trends in the marketplace and technology.
Students must complete all six of the following updated GRI courses in the classroom, each of which is 6 hours long: GRI 401, GRI 402, GRI 403, GRI 404, GRI 405, GRI 406
EMTAR is having a GRI Bootcamp that will include all six required courses! April 15-17 9:00-4:00 and May 1-3 9:00-4:00.
If you register prior to April 1, 2019 you will get earlybird pricing: Members $349 Nonmembers $449. Registration on or after April 1st: Member $474 Nonmember $540. (*Breakfast/Lunch NOT provided).
Already taken some of the required classes? Take only the classes you need! Individual classes $79/member $110/nonmember.
EMTAR members, click here to register. Nonmembers call 615-758-9851.
The above class requirements total 36 hours. To earn the remaining 24 hours of GRI Elective Credits, students may:
- Submit proof of fifteen (15) completed transactions
- Complete a TREEF-approved company-based training program
- Earn at least 24 hours of credits through any combination of the following:
- CE-accredited sessions taken at Tennessee REALTORS® Tennessee Excel Summit (TNEx) and Annual Conventions, since January 1, 2012
- At Home with Diversity (AHWD)
- Accredited Buyer’s Representation (ABR®) Core Course)
- ABR Elective: Generation Buy
- ABR Elective: Marketing Reboot
- ABR Elective: New Home Construction & Buyer Representation – Professional, Product, Process
- ABR Elective: Successful Relocation Representation
- Pricing Strategies: Mastering the CMA
- e-Pro® Day 1 & Day 2
- CRB: Seller Representations Specialist (SRS) Designation Course
- CRB: Marketing Strategies that Deliver Results
- CRS: Business Planning & Marketing
- CRS: Listings (201), Sales (202), or Referrals (210)
- Military Relation Professional (MRP) Certification Course
- NAR’s Green Designation Day 1 & Day 2
- NAR’s Code of Ethics Training
- Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR®)
- Seller Representative Specialist® (SRS®)
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®)
- WCR: Effective Negotiating for Real Estate Professionals
- Real Estate Collaborative Specialist-Divorce: RCS-D, 12-hour course (partnered with Vanderbilt University Law School) this professional designation is not affiliated with or endorsed by the National Association of REALTORS®.