In order to participate in an elections, a qualified voter must be properly registered no later than thirty (30) days before the election. The election commission office will process any by-mail voter registration form that has been postmarked at least thirty (30) days before the election. T.C.A 2-2-109.
Take Steps to Register to Vote:
Check to see if you are eligible to register to vote in Tennessee
1) To be eligible to vote in Tennessee:
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be (18) years of age or older on or before the date of the next election
- You must be a resident of Tennessee.
- If you have been convicted of a felony, your eligibility to register vote depends upon the crime you were convicted of and the date of your conviction. If your conviction has been expunged or if you have had your voting rights restored, unless you were convicted of a crime that rendered your permanently ineligible to vote.
2) Register to Vote (if eligible)
- Use online voter registration to register to vote OR update your voter registration
- Download and complete the Voter Registration Application and mail the application to your county election commission.
- Pick up voter registration applications in person at the following locations:
- County Election Commission Offices
- County Clerk’s Offices
- Public libraries
- Register of Deeds Office
- Register during a transaction with one of the following agencies:
- Department of Health (WIC program)
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Safety (motor vehicles division)
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
USE THE “REGISTER HERE” BUTTON ABOVE TO PROCEED